Open House to be held this Monday night

Asia Jones, Reporter

Open House is on Mon., Aug. 17 in the Boyle auditorium at 6 p.m. Parents will be informed about their students education and school guidelines.

“This is something we are use to doing. We would have the parents meet us in the auditorium first and then meet the administration and they would talk to us about different things. We thought to reinstitute (open house) that but to make it more relevant to the parents,” Assistant principal Bill Hazell said.

The parents will have the opportunity to meet the administration and afterwards have the opportunity to walk through their child’s schedule and meet their teachers as well.

“(At open house) the ninth graders will focus more on student success, (it will be) more of a general conversation and then directing the seniors to a more financial assistance, college applications, standardized testing, preparing the students for college. The sophomores and juniors will be more focused on PSAT’s and all of those other things to get ready for senior year,” Hazell said.

There have been new changes to the way McClintock hosts its annual Open with the hopes of improving communication with parents.

“(The new change is more effective because it will give) the parents more information. In addition to meeting all of their students teachers, they can also get information on more general information on their students in a certain grade level,” Hazell said.

McClintock