What seniors should be doing

Alaina Vega, Reporter

Your senior year is one step closer to reality. Senior year is considered to be a hectic year, having to do with SAT, ACT testing, applying for colleges, and scholarships.

Before even applying for scholars and colleges you must take your SAT and ACT test scores. The SAT test cost 45$ or 57$ with an essay. The ACT it costs 42.50$ and 58.50$ with an essay. For the following dates or further info check with your counselor or visit the the MHS Guidon.

“If you qualify for free/reduced lunch see me for a free waiver,” counselor Wendy Michelle Kozloski said.

To apply for the college(s) of your choice you must send transcripts through parchment, the link is posted on Student Vue.

Seniors should attend college visits and college related workshops listed below:

OCT 17- U of A (3rd hour)

OCT 20- ASU (2nd hour)

OCT 27- NAU (4th hour)

OCT 27- Swarthmore (4th hour)

OCT 28- George Mason (4th hour)

To apply for scholarships you can find them on the district website- Tempeunion.org> Students> College prep> Scholarship list

Although Senior year you are planning your future but at the same time succeed in the present you must pass all classes. That goes for some advice to the juniors.

“Do well in your classes and start attending college fairs and workshops,” Kozloski said.

For any further information or questions of any of the topics, talk with your counselor.