Creative writing course offered for class of 2017 and class of 2018

Leann Natividad, Reporter

Librarian Rebecca Love will be teaching a dual enrollment  Creative Writing class starting next school year, 2016-2017 if enough students register for it.

Creative Writing will be a senior English class or an elective class for underclassmen, which offers dual enrollment. Dual enrollment is a program that allows high school students to enroll in college courses for credit prior to high school graduation.

“[This class is for] students who want to work on their own writing, students who want to earn credit, and students who love literature,” Love said.

Since this will be a college level class, it will be open to juniors and seniors.

“ I am very excited to teach this class. I have finished my Master’s degree in fine arts in writing. I have been studying for 15 years,” Love said.

In creative writing, students will look at all genres including poetry, short stories, flash fiction, children’s books, screen plays, and creative non-ficition.

Seniors who attend this class will pay a tuition fee for Rio Salado College and will earn a CRW150 introduction to creative writing and a total of three college credits.

“[I am looking forward to] helping students express their ideas and try new things and seeing student’s writing. Students have brilliant ideas but not enough time to write about it, so this class will be very helpful,” Love said.