Creating positive New Years resolutions

Katelynn Showers, Campus Life Editor

The New Year gives people the chance to renew themselves and start on a clean slate. People start to create new resolutions for the new year.

“I think making new years resolutions are important for setting new goals and improving yourself,” junior Aspen Showers said.

Creating New Years resolutions is something that almost every person does at at least one point in his or her lifetime.

“I think that I make resolutions as a way to better myself as well as giving myself a fresh start,” junior Sarah Gardener said.

However, when you center your resolutions around things like ‘lose 15 pounds once and for all’ can be not only dangerous for your body, but also stressful to reach.

“My resolutions are pretty similar to other people’s because they are smaller things that can actually be achieved. [My resolutions are] to get out of my comfort zone and try new things,” Gardener said.

Sticking with resolutions can be difficult, but not impossible!

“I’m going to try my best to stick to [resolutions] even though I haven’t in the past,” Showers said.

If you set small goals that you want to accomplish throughout the year, them throughout the year you can check off the small resolutions as you complete them.

“I honestly do feel that I am going to stick to my resolutions this year.,” Gardener said.

If you center your resolutions on how you want to feel, rather than how you want to look or what you want to have, then they could be easier to keep. Center your resolutions around positive intentions like ‘I will commit to my body and be active at least four times a week.’ These types of resolutions are much easier to keep, and not only will you lose those 15 pounds, you will also feel and look good.