End of year trip to Mexico

Shannon Trotter, Reporter

McClintock’s end of the year trip will be to Yucatan, Mexico. The departure is Mon., May, 23 and will return on Mon., May, 30.

English teacher Jack Kahn and several other teachers and parents will be able to sign up to volunteer as a chaperone.

“I want to give them a chance to explore other cultures and to connect them with the history they read in books,” Kahn said.

The trip will take seven days and will include sightseeing tours, hotels, breakfast and dinner daily and a full time multi-lingual tour director.

“This is going to be one of the most active trips we’ve taken because It includes exploring ruins, underground caves, swimming holes, kayaking and visiting nature preserves,” Kahn said.

Students can invite their friends or family members and the tour will be private only to

McClintock. There will be tours traveling through Valladolid and Coba, Merida.

“Mr. Turturice and I have been doing educational trips for 10 years and we’re always looking for new and exciting travel opportunities for students,” Kahn said.

All grades are welcome to sign up online and there are three flexible payment plans to choose from. Travelers under 23 years are $2,164 and travelers 23 and above cost $2,539.

“It’s a great opportunity to travel when you’re young,” Kahn said.

Students that have any questions can talk to Kahn in room 209. More information needed about the trip can be accessed through the website, www.Explorica.com/TKahn-4184.