‘Fly Me To the Moon’ and let me play among the stars

Chantal Price, Reporter

Coronation will be held on Sat, Feb. 20 and will be located in the gym.  The dance will start at 8PM.

The ticket prices for singles is $15, for couples it is $25, and if you buy it at the door it is 20$ per person.

“The sophomore class brainstormed 20 possible themes, considering what  we realistically can put on for this dance, what colors and what thematic elements,” English teacher Carly Blodgett said.

The Coronation dance puts a twist on the original tradition “guys ask girls” and now the tables have turned and girls ask guys.

“I view girls asking guys for Coronation as a opportunity for young ladies to ask who they would like.It’s the 21st century so girls can ask guys on dates,” Blodgett said.

The planning for Coronation started in August when people brainstormed ideas for the dance.

“We started planning back in August just thinking of themes, and  it got serious with nominees in November,” Blodgett said.

Teachers nominated students for their hard work, great leadership and overall dedication to learning.

“For the Coronation nominees, it was mostly time consuming tallying up the teacher’s nominations,” Blodgett said.

Currently the theme is ‘Fly Me to the Moon’, the colors are blue, silver, and white.

“The theme is something we have not done yet,” Blodgett said.