Basketball shoots for nothing but net

McKinley Becraft, Copy Editor

McClintock High School is known for having athletes that go above and beyond everything done before. The basketball team is no exception. For a team ranked 12th out of 43 teams in the 5A Division, McClintock Chargers are doing what they do best, and loving it.“I think we have the same goal and mentality,” captain Jamal Johnson said, “it’s a whatever it takes type of mentality.”

“I think we have the same goal and mentality,” captain Jamal Johnson said, “it’s a whatever it takes type of mentality.”

The ability to work as a team is instrumental to the sport of basketball as teammates work together to score points, and defend their net from the other team. They practice together almost every day for two hours, training to become the best players they can be.

“I love basketball because it’s stress-free, and you don’t have to worry about anything except for playing,” Adam Wright, one of the other Captains, said

This positive attitude has been instrumental in the success of the team in all their tournaments.

The Chargers hosted the largest tournament in the State over winter break. There were 16 teams involved and they finished 6th overall. Amongst the teams, they beat included a win over the 3rd ranked team, Arcadia.

The team has shared many fond memories as they have played throughout their season.

“My favorite memory so far is everyone raging in the locker room after a win against Poston Butte,” Johnson said, “it was a really good game.”

The basketball team is full of talented individuals with a passion for basketball.

Westbrook leads the NBA in triple-doubles, making him one of the most versatile players on the team. The McClintock Chargers are powered by the skillfulness of their players.