Behind the scenes

Katelynn Showers, Managing Editor

Photo by Katelynn Showers

Stage Manager –

Maddison Marrs (sophomore)

Q: What do you do?

A: I personally make sure set, light, and sound changes happen on time.

Q: Why did you join?

A: I joined because my sister had told me about her love of it and the program.

Q: What do you like most about being a stage manager?

A: My favorite part about being stage manager is being on headset and making sure things get done.

Q: What’s the most challenging thing about crew?

A: The most challenging thing is getting thing off and on the stage in time and fast.

Q: Do you have any favorite memories?

A: One of my favorite memories was on set day, when I was painting and music was blasting in the background, like a perfect moment.

Assistant Stage Manager –

Anna Trammell (senior)

Q: What do you do?

A: Trammell helps Marrs by making sure sound, lights, and running crew don’t miss their cues.

Q: What do you like most about being an assistant stage manager?

A: What I like most about being assistant stage manager is that I’m in a role of authority but not having so much responsibility that I get stressed out.

A: The most challenging thing about crew is when we don’t have enough crew members and we have a show to run.

Q: Do you have any favorite memories?

A: My favorite memory is making a bunch of new friends and joining a new family.

Q: Anything else to add?

A: Please join crew! We’re always welcoming new members.

Sound –

Sahel Moazezi (sophomore)

Q: What do you do?

A: I run sound, which means I download all the play and musical music and sound effects. In addition, I run the soundboard, connect and control mics and mic levels, write sound cues, put mics on actors, and basically anything sound/music related.

Q: Why did you join Crew?

A: I joined because Cornwell needed sound trainees, and although I resented showing up to rehearsals at first, I ended up falling in love with everything about sound.

Q: What do you like most about sound?

A: My favorite thing about sound is our little family. Along with lots and lots of hard work, we manage to have some fun and relieve stress with some good laughs. I also adore hitting cues exactly on time; it’s a wonderfully satisfying feeling.

A: The most challenging thing about crew is probably the late nights, as well as timing cues perfectly and stating music at certain seconds.

Q: Do you have any favorite memories from crew?

A: My favorite memory from crew was when Harshini, the lighthead, and I went to get donuts before a show and then we took pictures with the I ♡ Crew set. Honestly, all the memories that were created in that sound booth with last year’s trainers and my sound partner and I are the best and most valuable memories to me.

Lights –

Harishini Venkatachalam (sophomore)

Q: What do you do?

A: I sit in the light booth above the auditorium and control the timing of light changes. I also adjust the actual lights and put in the gels. I also control the spotlight and projections.

Q: Why did you join?

A: I joined because it’s always been interesting to find out what goes on behind-the-scenes and I loved the thought of being apart of it!

Q: What do you like most about lighting?

A: I like the feeling of a perfectly timed cue, and seeing the whole play come together during rehearsal.

A: The most challenging thing about crew is all the long nights and rehearsals when you’re really tired, but it’s always worth it in the end.

Q: Do you have any favorite memories?

A: My favorite memory was when our senior trainer gave us Light Tech bracelets and our little family ate Pop-Tarts in the booth pre-show.

Dina Camacho (sophomore)

Q: What do you do?

A: I do lights for the plays and make sure the cues are connect.

Q: Why did you join?

A: I joined crew because my friend Sabrina (the former light tech) said it would be fun because she would teach me and I can be her “little bean”.

A: What I like most about lights is that it gives me the opportunity to meet people and have unique skills that I have learned in crew.

A: When it comes to lighting, the most challenging thing is timing because it have to be perfect or everything else seems a little bit off.

Q: Do you have any favorite memories?

A: I think my favorite memory of crew was when I first went into the booth and got to see all the equipment. I’ve never been more fascinated.

Costuming/Makeup –

Photo by Katelynn Showers

Ember Schuermann (sophomore)

Q: What do you do?

A: I head makeup and costume shows with Katelynn Showers.

Q: Why did you join?

A: It was recommended to me and it seemed like fun.

Q: What do you like most about makeup and costuming?

A: The most favorite thing about makeup and costuming is getting to have a big part to do with the shows and having everyone see all the hard work.

A: It’s very stressful and is very time consuming.

Q: Do you have any favorite memories?

A: Almost all the cast parties have been very memorable and fun.