Chemistry Club on the rise

Alex Hifler, Online Media Editor

Chemistry Club sponsored by Debbie Lenz is a rising club that currently meets Fridays at lunch to give students a place to conduct projects.

Chemistry club seeks to give students an opportunity to freely explore the chemistry through personal projects. Students new to chemistry will be given the tools they need to explore chemistry, and students who have taken chemistry will be able to explore in greater detail the activities that they found interesting.

“My goal is that are able to use chemistry all the time, and understand practical applications of it even more than in the classroom,” Lenz said.

However, this is a club that is not officially a club, and still needs to fulfill the necessary requirements to become an official club. It already fulfills the necessary 10 consistent members and a Teacher sponsor, but Chemistry club needs to have five meetings, prove there are currently no other clubs like it, and then hand in its minutes from the meetings to Molly Saddler the assistant principal of activities. This club is a way for students to research and explore what they want.

The Chemistry club hopes to engage students across McClintock during chemistry week which is October 16 through the 22. Students will have the opportunity to learn how chemistry affects them.

“There is a lot of chemistry around us, there is a lot of chemistry in food, there is a lot of chemistry in art and paints, all the different areas we get to touch on in class, but we don’t get the time to play with it,” Lenz said.