Student Council has some spirit

McKinley Becraft, Copy Editor

Student Councils all across the state joined forces for a special convention last week at Red Mountain High School. This cowboy-rodeo theme was designed as a way to bring together some of the state’s future leaders and form connections between different Student Councils.

“AASC Spirit Conference was a wonderful experience where I was surrounded by other student leaders like me,” publicity director Bob Chen said  .

Beyond the student connections, the conference had some guest speakers. The guest speakers spoke about life choices and how to be the best role model you can.

“There were motivational guest speakers who taught us leadership skills outside of the classroom. It was very inspiring,” Chen said.

The Spirit Conference, or the all day pep rally as some describe it, was all day last Thursday. There was dancing, music, and lots of fun activities to keep everyone engaged and having fun. There were a couple of performances put on by the cheerleaders, that helped to get the crowd all riled up.

“Red Mountain is a beautiful school.We learned a lot of useful techniques on how to better represent students and do our job,” pep rally director Ben Pope said.

Also in the audience were the people in charge of Arizona’s Student Councils. These inspirational people make a huge difference in the lives of students across the state.

“It was cool to see the head people in student council to actually be able to put a face to a title, and see [that] this was the highest up position there is for this and he is here” Pope said.

The conference was a great experience for all of the students, and they hope to use what they learn to make our school a better place.

“You can take away whatever it is you take away from it and it was very useful,” Pope said.