Nominees speak on behalf of nomination

Dina Acamacho, Reporter

Freshman Boys

Jacob Torregrossa “I was surprised when I was nominated, I’m really exited and hope to win.”

Jacob Jorgensen “I feel happy and exited because not everyone gets this opportunity.”

Rook Wood “It’s an honor to be recognized by my teachers to be nominated, hoping to win.”

Justice Harasha “I felt honored people notice took notice of my achievements.”

Freshman Girls

Julia Reddie “I think it gives people an opportunity to meet others, I think it’s good that they do social things with school.”

Adeline Brooks “I am honored to be nominated by my teachers, it was a big accomplishment.”

Tiana Montez “ I like being involved, I want to be a role model. I think it’s going to be a fun opportunity and fun experience in general.”

Emilie Berthraume “It’s kind of cool but unexpected, I’m looking forward to the experience.”

Sophomore Boys

Austin Butler “I feel very ecstatic about being on coronation court for the first time.”

Louie Pratt “It is exiting, it’s going to be fun. I feel honored and blessed by Jesus because it’s so crazy and great.”

Vincent Gomez “It is both an honor and a pleasure to be nominated.”

Gage Reitzel “It’s a big deal you only get about three dances a year so make each one count.”

Sophomore Girls

Ellie Griffin “It’s an honor especially cause the teachers picked me, it shows if you really are a good student you’ll get something out of it.”

Elizebeth Mentez “I feel honored because I know teacher elected me and it’s nice to know I’m an example for others.”

Cassie Erhart “I feel special and honored because it was the teachers who chose me.”

Brenna Dodds “It’s exiting and I never thought it would happen to me, coronation is a nice gathering.”

Junior Boys

Ben Pope “I think it’s cool it is not a popularity contest and it’s cool to see young minds plan a dance.”

Timur Karamanou “I’m pretty exited, there’s always that feeling about being nominated.

Adan Tinoco “I’m honored my teachers chose me, I’m exited to be attending my first dance.”

Noah Huerta “it’s been an honor to be nominated again and to have been recommended by my teachers.”

Junior Girls

Madelyn Kartchner “I feel honored to know my teacher have a high opinion of me.”

Asia Jones ”I like the thought of having a different role in a dance meaning, asking guys wen usually it’s the other way around. It feels good to be recognized in a very diverse school.”

Erin Granilo Walker “I feel honor to have been nominated by my teachers it feels good to have some reward for all the hard work I put in.”

Conor Atkinnson “I’m very appreciative, its an honor that my teachers voted me, I like the girls ask guys I think it’s a fun opportunity for like girls to get out there.”

Senior Boys

Devan Walter “I personally don’t like dances but I like being nominated not for popularity but because my teachers think I’m a good student and a good person.”

Roman Shemakov “I think the people who really should be nominated are the teachers I want to look over the Serengeti after its driest season yet, tilting a fedora over the tip of my eyebrows and just say ‘wow, thanks, you are truly good, yes’.”

Albertsons Lindor “I feel honored because it shows that teachers actually recognize me.”

Cody Hannah “It’s an honor I was nominated last year, if I wasn’t nominated I probably wouldn’t be going.

Senior Girls

Jada Keyser “I feel honored because I don’t usually get nominated. I think it’s a good idea to nominated people who are good at school.”

Amanda Tunning “I know that coronation teachers nominate it and usually what I notice from the past I’ve seen that not many people are involved so when my teacher came up to me and said hey I really want you nominated for coronation because you’re involved it felt really nice to get that recognition.”

Kira Thomas “I’m happy about it because it’s my first time being nominated and I think coronation is a cool dance because your teachers nominate you.”

Alexa Parra “I feel pretty good. It’s my first time being nominated, it makes my grateful for the teachers.”