HOSA Travels to Anaheim for National Competition

Dawson Skree, Reporter

On June 24 through the 27, two students from McClintock, Bansri Doshi and Amrita Rhoads, went to Anaheim, CA for a national competition.

“The hardest part would be trying to find the hotels and events. It was a huge convention,” senior Amrita Rhoads said.

Doshi and Rhoads each placed in very good spots for each of their competition.

“Biggest one they’ve ever had; around 8,000 people were there at the competition,” HOSA sponsor Brittany Burchard said.

Despite of the large amount of people they still placed phenomenally.

“They did really well Amrita got in first in medical math, and Bansri finished in the top 10 for epidemiology, so out off all the people that participated that was phenomenal,” Burchard said.

The sponsor also got additional and helpful information from others.

“My favorite part of the whole thing was getting to talk to other advisers and getting new ideas for the club,” Burchard said.

Rhoads was very excited to be first in her area of medical science.

“My favorite part of the competition was the pin trading most definitely and bargaining to collect the greatest variety of state pins,” Rhoads said.

Rhoads also had the opportunity to meet other people at the competition as well.

I liked meeting others at the conference. Everyone was super friendly, and pin trading made it really fun to approach other people,” Rhoads said.

HOSA can give a person opportunities to get internships and offer many programs.

“I love the various opportunities HOSA gives, from conferences, to volunteer programs, to internships,” Rhoads said.

This is Rhoads’s second year of being in HOSA.

She plans to do competitions throughout the school year.